Thursday, June 12, 2008

Seventh Day - I'm coming home, to the place where I belong ...

I can't believe that seven days have flown by just like that. I guess it must be true that time flies when you are having fun.
Here I am, sitting in the Computer Lab finishing up the blog entries while the students are making Indian jewellery in the auditorium, and I can't help but feel a tinge of sadness as I recall the many amazing experiences we have all had and the good times I have spent with the wonderful and quirky students.
Today's a really short day as we need to beat the jam this evening to get to the airport on time. Everyone is slightly subdued, probably because we all know that our adventure is about to end.
Well, I just want to assure all concerned that we are all well and will be back soon.
To end, I just want to thank all the students on the trip - Jowie, Yan Han, Esther, Jeanette, Jerome, Gigg, Yue Ying, Clara, Vivian, Shi De, Jonathan, Hui Khuan, Nerissa, Jovan, Alvin, Sean Lim, Sean Yong, Jia Min, Han Jie, Nicholas, Chiuen Chou, WILSON (so sorry I left you out the first time!) - for making the trip all the more special just by being yourselves and being a part of the trip.For one, I will never forget how wide, beautiful and radiant your hearts are when you did all that you could to bless the orphans in Coorg.
As a teacher, I sometimes do too much teaching and far too little learning. I am so grateful that I have learnt so much from all the students in big and small ways throughout the trip. What an experience!
We are coming home!

Best regards,
Roy Soh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am heartened to learn that you all have a great time. Don't forget the heros behind the scene -your hosts & the parents, teachers, Sam, Raven, tour agent, tour guide, hotel staff etc. Enjoy your last day in Bangalore!